Myntra joined Big Billion Days, the biggest sale of the year, at the stroke of midnight on 1st October, showcasing more than 2.5 lakh styles and designs. While the sale has brought all the shopaholics together on one platform, a question that’s looming large in everyone’s mind is: What to buy?
Sanhita Dasgupta, Fashion Stylist at Myntra, has shortlisted top ten picks that you just can’t afford to miss this festive season. She also shares tips on how to style them perfectly.
- The Straight Kurta: This classic never goes out of style, and comes in colourblock, quirky printed and solids, to name a few. It adds feminine grace to your persona, and are best paired with palazzos for the best contemporary look.
- Cropped Palazzos: Palazzos have revolutionised the Indian ethnic scene by offering a stylish option to comfortable clothing. Team it up with a cropped top to make heads turn.
- Handloom Sarees: Can an Indian festival be complete without the six-yards splendour? This time, handloom scores over silk (blame it on global warming!) and comes with stunning embroidery for a modern twist.
- Embellished Flats: Flats are ‘in’ and they come with chic embellishments. Could a girl ask for more?
- Ethnic Jewellery: How can a festive look be complete without some chunky ethnic jewellery? You have plenty to choose from – there are chandbalis, silver-toned jhumkas, multi-coloured bangles and stone-studded necklaces.
If women are stylish, can men be far behind?
- Long Kurta: Another classic, the long kurta is a trend that never goes out of fashion when it comes to ethnic wear for men. They are also versatile enough for you to wear them for a casual occasion or a formal one.
- The Sherwani: A sherwani is inseparable from festivities, lending that mystique to the wearer. It’s the right choice for the3 festival season and the wedding season afterwards.
- The Short Kurta: While the long kurta is a festival staple, the short kurta is not far behind. Paired with a good pair of jeans, you’ll be walking the talk when it comes to fusion fashion.
- Clubmasters: If retro is the new look, you can’t afford not to have this in your closet.
- Nehru Jackets: This is the last thing you need to get your hands on. The Nehru Jacket perfectly teams up with just about anything – from your long kurta to the sherwani.
So, what are you waiting for? Bring out the fashionista in you this season by making the most of the Myntra BBD sale!